Monday, May 5, 2008

Happy Scrapping

Saturday was National Scrapbook Day and some friends and I had a 12 hour "Scrapfest" at our LSS. I was finally able to complete my parents 25th Anniversary pages and am pretty happy with the results. I have struggled doing these pages and wanted them to be "just right"...I totally changed the whole concept/colors/everything a couple of times. I wanted to be sure that I expressed my emotion in this project. It was such a special time for everyone and such a joyous occasion...celebrating 25 years of love and happiness, the birth of my parents first grandchild, us going up to visit and them meeting Caleb for the first time. The hardest part for me about scrapbooking this event is looking at those pictures and realizing that it was the last anniversary my mom would be celebrating with my dad. I can't believe that my mom has already been gone almost a year. Oh, how I miss her! I broke down many times trying to complete these pages. I had so many flashbacks of memories and a sincere respect and admiration for the love that my parents have shared for a quarter of a century. I see the endless love in my parents eyes and the awe in their first grandchild...I see our family picture and just feel the bond that we all share. I look at the pictures of our family and friends and see the joy and also the sadness...knowing my mom didn't have much longer...
I am so grateful to have a hobby such as this to express my feelings and help me remember and share these special times.

Enjoy:)


(sorry they aren't the best quality pics)

2 comments:

Amy said...

So beautiful!
Your mom really was a special lady and she is greatly missed. I'm so glad you were able to have that day with everyone and that you have those memories.
Amy

Anonymous said...

Hi baby, it will be a relective time next week as well, given that it is Mother's day on Sunday and the anniversary of her passing coming up next week. There are so many things that she would have an opinion on, not all good but that's how she was and you loved her for her straight forward approach. Amy's right, she was a special lady, for original and a breath of fresh air for me. I enjoyed the things she would say even though I didn't agree with what she would say sometimes, she had a flair about her that you have. Not that sharp tongue but the quick wit and funny way you put your stamp on a statement. It usually makes Amy crack up. What we wouldn't give to have her back with us to enjoy more of her. I love you sweetheart and hope that this next week you can remember those heart to heart talks that you had with her....ok she wasn't like that but you loved to call her and tell her about Caleb and what things he was doing or getting into...she would find him such a character...she would say, "are you being a bad boy for your mommy?" and now that he is talking so much he would have so much more fun with her. It is sad that Faith will not be able to interact with her but one day it will be great to reunite with her and talk about all of the crazy times and people.