So it is way too late to be awake....especially when my 2 year old will be trekking in here in the next few hours and then will demand breakfast by 7am...okay so he doesn't demand yet but as soon as he wakes up, he wants breakfast...even if that is 4am.
My stomach is so upset due to the lovely metformin medicine that I am on once again. Seriously, you just open the pill bottle and you want to puke from the odor:)
Gene is sleeping, but has only been for about 20 minutes now and he gets up for work at 4am...he needs to get more sleep.
Tonight was such a good night. When Gene got home from work, we re-organized all the bookshelves and tidied up the livingroom and then we all made dinner together...stuffed peppers and corn on the cob. It was delicious! Afterwards we all sat at Caleb's new little table and had icecream for dessert. I let him put sprinkles on his and he was in heaven.
We then headed outside to clean up the backyard...it needed it desperately. We swept, hosed everything down, cleaned the grill, and moved the trash/recycle bin. We started to pull weeds but decided it would be more effective with a shovel...so we'll need to get one of those:)
Caleb loved playing in the water/mud and I made sure to hose both him and Gene down. It was a lot of fun and it looks great.
Gene and I are just getting such a kick out of Caleb lately. He has changed so much in the past month or so. Just the things he comes out with totally crack me up. I don't know where he gets it but he is just so funny and articulate. We have full on conversations and they just make my heart smile.
I will have to remember some of the things that he says lately and post about them...maybe I will interview him tomorrow and see what kind of answers he comes up with and then I will post my interview. It's too late to think of much right now at this hour.
The kids started school today so it was a little sad. Caleb was so excited to go over there today and when I told him we weren't he was so disappointed. He said he wants to go to school too so he can be with them:)
Anyway, I better try to get some rest...hopefully my medicine to counteract the effects of the lovely metformin will kick in soon so I can sleep.
Goodnight:)
2 comments:
Late nights = Cranky Amy. I hope you start feeling better!
metformin=the devil sometimes. i, like amy, hope it get's better. {it will...i feel it in my bones.} (:
your evening sounded oh-so productive & delightful. i heart family togetherness & organization. doesn't get much better than that!
Post a Comment