These past few months have been filled with much trial and tribulation for myself and my family. I have debated writing for quite some time since so much of it was personal and I didn't want to put it out there for the world (or the few people who may read my blog) to judge or feel sorry for me. I have now decided that I need to get these thoughts and feelings out for my own good.
Back in February we started infertility treatments again. We tried for years to get pregnant with Caleb and then have tried since then to have another baby. I have called the fertility treatment center at least every 6 months for the past five years to see if they take our new health insurance. Everytime I have called they told me no. I finally asked to speak to someone in the finance department about being a cash patient and they told me that even though my previous fertility specialist didn't take BCBS, that his partner did! Seriously, they couldn't tell me that like 3 years ago???
I went and met the doctor and she was seriously the sweetest most compassionate doctor I have ever met...and she is from Canada so bonus points for her. Gene and I went and met Dr. Behera and we were thrilled and the possibility of being parents again. We also found out that not only did our insurance cover fertility treatment, they covered everything at 100%, including in-vitro fertilization! Apparently we have the best fertility coverage in the state. We still have co-pays and medication which I can tell you is still A LOT of money but hey, we now had more than hope of having a baby.
We started with all the testing etc, we didn't jump to ivf right away but after a few months we thought, what have we got to lose?
Then...Caleb and I got in a car accident at the end of May. I got rear-ended at a red light bring Caleb to school. Of course the guy had no insurance! I have never been in an accident before and was so worried about Caleb. The guy started telling me all these stories and promised to pay for damages etc. I didn't know at the time that I was hurt. Anyway, I didn't call the police. I was in shock. The guy gave me his information and I brought Caleb to school. About 45 minutes later, I was hurting! Gene brought me to urgent care and they did x-rays and I got a lovely shot in the butt! My back and neck were hurt. I have been going to the chiropractor twice a week for the past 3 months. It has been rough!
Stay tuned for more...
No comments:
Post a Comment