Friday, February 1, 2008

montreal part two

Okay so I wanted to explain the collage of photos from Montreal but I haven't had much of a chance to do that...so here goes...
Caleb loved the train ride...although he thought it was a bus:) He kept singing The Wheels on the Bus and he tried to get others to do the same. He was dancing in the aisle and attracting a lot of attention. He's too much sometimes:)
We spent a lot of time walking and he was such a trooper. It was so hard for him and I did carry him a lot, which definitely makes me a trooper:D It was so cold in Montreal.
We went to a couple of malls and walked around. One of the malls we went to was the Eaton Centre and we had crepes and waffles...yummy!!! We had to have the real maple syrup of course. I was debating whether to have crepes or Mexican food...but I am waiting for AZ for the good stuff! Not only that, but the Mexican place in the food court just cracked me up...I mean where can you get a burrito and a poutine in the same combo? It was hilarious...the mexi/can combination.
Montreal is a city rich in culture. We walked by and took pictures of a church that was erected in 1845...St. Patrick's Basilica. Our hotel was actually just a few steps away.
I was grateful that I brought Caleb's harness...he hates holding hands and just wanted to run and although he'd rather play with his monkey harness than have it attached to him, he felt it gave him more freedom. I am loving the terrible two stage of him throwing himself down on the floor or middle of the street every 30 minutes or so...that is a lot of fun.
One thing that sucked about that train is no checked baggage which meant that I had to carry my suitcase, two bags, and Caleb everywhere!!! No wonder why I am totally exhausted even a few days later. Everything is totally catching up with me. I am so tired!!!!
The Consulate was an experience...we were there two hours. They confiscated 6 of Caleb's crayons...4 crayons are safe...10 is a threat.
It was intimidating having to do all the security checks and just waiting to be called up every 30 minutes or so for one thing or another. We had to be escorted everywhere! The meeting with the Consular officer went well and I was approved! Yea!
Last night I bbq'd some steaks...not a drop of snow around and today I woke up to this...
It hasn't stopped snowing!
I am still waiting to get my visa in the mail...hoping for Monday and home next Saturday....means I get to spend another birthday here, which totally sucks!

At least we are so near the end.

I need to give a couple shout outs...one to my hubby, Gene whose birthday it was on Sunday.
Happy Birthday Baby!!! I love you!!!

And then with a humble heart I give reverance to one of the greatest men ever...President Gordon B. Hinckley. His passing this week has made me contemplate many things in my life. I was going to do a post about how much I love our dear Prophet but Angie and Amy did such a good job on their blogs that I just amened them...but I truly am grateful for Pres. Hinckley and the legacy that he has left behind and for his wonderful example and teachings. I thank thee oh God for a Prophet to guide us in these latter days...


Have a great weekend!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of your funniest blogs yet honey, I wish I could have been there to help but also to experience his first train ride. I love you baby, we will celebrate like it's 1999 for your birthday!

Amy said...

Hey Nicole!!
Great recap post of Montreal. That mexican place is truly taking it beyond fries supreme and maving it right into LEGEN....wait for it....DAIRY territory!
Totally typing on the new laptop and LOVING IT!!
Talk to you tomorrow!
Aimes

Amy said...

Happy birthday chickadee!!
I hope you have a great one! It's off to bed for me. Talk to you when it's your birthday in Arizona! :)
Amy