Wednesday, December 19, 2007

answers to a few Christmas questions

I was tagged by Amy to do this little thing so here goes.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I prefer wrapping paper

2. Real or artificial? Artificial. I don't like the mess of a real tree

3. When do you put up the tree? no set time really, usually within the first week of December

4. When do you take the tree down? Soon after New Years

5. Do you like eggnog? Not even a little bit! It's gross!

6.Favorite gift received as a child? I don't know...Cabbage Patch kid or sewing machine

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes waiting for me at home in AZ...a Precious Moments one I got on ebay. I also bought Caleb a Little People's one this year

8. Hardest person to buy for? My step-dad. I never know what he wants. This will be the first year that I think I did good.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Caleb. He'd be happy with anything right now

10. Worst Christmas present ever received? A roll of half used scotch tape...seriously

11. Email or Christmas card? I almost always make my own Christmas cards. This year I made them from BH kits, which were adorable. I have cut down my Christmas list so everyone else will get an email pic or just the pic insert handed to them.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? I LOVE Elf! I also like the classics like It's a Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th Street

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually throughout the year

14. Have you ever recycled/re-gifted a Christmas present? Of course

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? It's all about the stuffing for me. I am not a turkey fan. We always had a smorgasbord of food during the holidays.

16. Favorite Christmas tradition? My family didn't really have many traditions growing up but we've started a few of our own...opening one gift (pj's) on Christmas Eve. We also read the Nativity Story and Twas the Night Before Christmas on Christmas Eve.

17. Favorite Christmas song? That is a tough one! I love Christmas music. My fave hymn is Angels We Have Heard on High and With Wondering Awe.
My fave kids song is Little Skidoo. I enjoy Where are you Christmas, Christmas Shoes, and Silver Bells.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Since we have never spent Christmas at home since we have been married I will have to say travel but that is coming to an end. I just want to stay home and spend the holidays with Gene and Caleb

19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen. Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen. But do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all...Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer...

20. Do you have an angel at the top of the tree or a star? A star. I am not attached to it in any way and would prefer to find something else I like, not sure what yet but would like it to light up.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? One on Christmas Eve and all of the rest on Christmas day is our new tradish but there were a few years Gene and I opened them all Christmas eve because we were travelling.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The traffic and people who are in a bah humbug mood...especially the ones in customer service.

23. Best thing about Christmas? I love the Spirit of Christmas, which I am still lacking this year. I also love the excitement through a child's eyes. I love hearing Caleb scream Santa's name.

Since I don't know anyone else who has a blog that reads mine, I tag anyone that wants to do this.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yay!! Nicole did my quiz! Thanks for participating!
Amy

Amy said...

Hey,
Yeah there is no container store here but there is a storables....I think it's in Scottsdale and it's kind of the same store. What's the one in Chandler? We totally need to go. Talk to you soon!
Amy