Thursday, January 17, 2008

what I have been up to in 2008

January has been an insane month for me...by the end of the month I will have travelled 2000 miles going to doctor's and immigration appointments, saying gooodbye to family etc.
I have had blood tests and x-rays...multiple passport photos.
I will have done at least 30 loads of laundry, read at least 50 books (to Caleb), played Warlord's Civilizations at least 31 times (I am so addicted, thanks Ryan).
Packing is not my favorite thing and this month is no exception, I will have packed/unpacked suitcases 8 times this month...multiple suitcases!
Toys, toys everywhere!!!!!! I will have cleaned up at least 500 Mr. Potato Head pieces, thank goodness the mega blocks are put up.
Then there is money...I can't begin to tell you how much this month will end up costing us.
It's crazy to thing that all this and I am still not in Arizona yet!
The immigration process has been insane! We've already spent well over $2500 in fees, this month is just the final stuff, thank goodness! Well actually final stuff here...we still have a lot to do when I get back to AZ.
It's been a hectic month to say the least. Hopefully we'll be home in February...stacking on the miles and packing/unpacking, cleaning, laundry etc.
I can hardly wait!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie, that is the cutest x-ray of you....ok, I probably couldn't tell that it was yours or if you just found a picture online :) I couldn't see the picture with all of the snow on the road but I am sure that it was really scary. I am glad that you made it home safely, I know that going to and from Sudbury you had some bad experiences and you were so stressed out. I will be calling you a lot during your trip up to Montreal to make sure you get there alright, considering it is such a long drive and not being sure how the weather is going to be next Monday. I love you with all of my heart and the next few weeks can't come soon enough. Honestly it seems like this last month has seemed like so much longer, probably because we know it is close. I am sure it was nice to see your dad in Sudbury one last time, he is a great guy. I wish he wouldn't mind flying and come out to Arizona but I think the only one that would get him to go would have been your mom and even then he probably wouldn't go that long without a cigarette. Hopefully you will see him in about a year from now once all of the dust settles from the immigration crap, It is too bad that not more of your family didn't see you before you left. I can't wait to see you and Caleb again, I know it has been challenging and I have not been through half of what you have been through this past year but it will be over soon. And then more things will probably happen but hopefully never that bad again. I love you.

Amy said...

Hey Chica!
Love the recap! Can't wait to see you next month!
Talk to you soon!
Aimes